CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Monday Morning Choices

I received a book today from a friend of mine. The timing is good, for I want and need to make changes in my life. [Even an old dog can learn a new trick-- I hope] After reading the first chapter, I see value in what is said and feel that it could help our family as well. I really am selfish and want to use the book and our blog as a self help forum for myself. If any of you want to join in, please do so. I know that I could benefit from your comments.

Monday Morning Choices: 12 powerful ways to go from everyday to extraordinary.
by David Cottrell

Each of us has a different idea of success. Whether you strive for money, power, happiness, love or anything else, your choices will determine whether you reach you goals. How to make the right choices, even when they are hard, is what Monday Morning Choices is all about.

#1 "The No-Victim Choice.... Don't let your past eat your future"


Three things you can do to make the No-Victim Choice:
1. Expect the unexpected. Things beyond your control will happen. How you respond to the unexpected events that come your way is how you regain control.
2. Look for alternatives. There are always alternatives if you choose to look for them. Don’t become paralyzed by falling into the victim trap.
3. Spend your energy searching for solutions, not excuses. No matter what happens, keep moving-one foot in front of the other-toward your personal and professional goal.

Words of wisdom:
Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
-John Wooden

We are free up to the point of choice, and then the choice controls the chooser.
-Mary Crowley

I used to say, “I hope things will change.” Then I learned that the only way things are going to change for me, is when I change.
-Jim Rohn

Life will be to a large extent what we ourselves make of it.
-Samuel Smiles

Ask yourself these questions;


1. Why is it so easy to fall into the victim mentality?
2. When have we been victimized in the past, and how did we respond?
3. Is it really possible to accept total responsibility for things that happen to us? Does the buck really stop with us?

Thanks for listening,

Keith, Dad, Grandpa....

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for sharing your thoughts. That sounds like a great book. We all could do to make changes for the better. We will have to check that book out. Please keep sharing. Best wishes on your eye surgery today. Love you dad!

    ReplyDelete